Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The First Post

Everything has to start somewhere, so here is my inaugural post on the blog I created today. First a little bit about myself: My name is Lisa and my husband has cystic fibrosis (CF). He was diagnosed with CF at 3 months. We have been married for 9 1/2 years and have been through many ups and downs with his disease.

What prompted me to start this blog: A year or so ago I found a website with a lot of CF information and a forum with messages boards about CF. I found the site to be extremely useful and have met many amazing people, including people with CF, partners of people with CF, parents of children with CF, and others that are in some way affected by CF. Recent happening on that site, however, has altered the membership on that site and I fear that the resource is lost. So, I wanted to start a place of my own where I can share about my thoughts, fears, experiences, etc., and maybe offer some encouragement to others with similar situations. Some of my posts will be informative--containing information about CF or articles that I read about things. Others will be venting posts. And some may just be plain silly. We'll see what unfolds!

Lisa

No comments: