I really can't believe it, but Gess was just readmitted to the hospital. He was discharged on Saturday after an embolization. Sunday was a very rough day because of pain medication. But Monday and Tuesday were a lot better. Today seemed to be even better. He woke me up this morning, urging me to get up to go out to breakfast. I wanted to stay in bed, but he wouldn't let me :) So we had a nice breakfast and then we went off to work.
In the afternoon he called me and told me that he didn't feel good...he said that he felt dizzy, naseous, and just "off." On the way to the car he started vomiting and that vomiting continued for a long time. He went home and tried to take a nap, but the vomiting continued. He finally called me and asked me to come home because something "was really wrong." He called back while I was enroute and said that he was wondering if he should call an ambulance...he was feeling that badly. But, I was close, so he decided to wait for me.
I picked him up and went right to the ER (we are only 7 miles from the hospital). I dropped him off at the front door and went to park the car. When I got to the ER he was laying on the floor with people standing around him...apparently he fell when trying to stand up to go back to triage. So, he got right in. They took blood and did a chest xray. He had a significant fever. The chest xray also showed a spot. The ER doc ordered IVs, determining that he has puemonia (based on the spot on the xray). They started the work up to admit him. The medicine team decided that they aren't convinced it is a lung infection, so they are holding off on the IVs (I agree with this decision).
The doctors suspect that it could be a blood infection again. So...we wait for at least 24 hours because that is the earliest that something will show up on the blood cultures.
Really, I can hardly believe that this is the 5th hospitalization since March. We are both just exhausted. Let's hope that this is uneventful and we get a break at some point.