Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hospital

Gess is in the hospital.  Apparently had a coughing fit this morning and then his vision got blurry and he got a headache.  Then he couldn't see when looking straight ahead, only in the periphery.  This has happened once before a few years ago.  He called the docs and then decided to go into the ER.  He is still there.  They said that they are going to admit him to watch him but there aren't any rooms so he is still waiting in the ER.  

The docs say that it is probably a migraine, but they want to rule out a TIA.  So, he will have more tests, etc.


1 comment:

CowTown said...

Hey Lisa,

Just wanted to mention that I get the weird vision frequently, where I can't see straight ahead and only through my peripheral vision. I see kaliedescope shapes, and get a little light headed. I've experienced this for years and it hits quite randomly.

I finally found an answer from an eye doctor. He said those occasions are called ocular migraines. Gess' sound a little more intense then mine though, since I don't actually experience any pain. I thought I'd throw that out there.

I hope all these tests going on now get resolved (Tue, 25).

CowTown ~