Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm home from the hospital.  Gess is still there.  They ran some tests, but have a bunch more that they want to do. I was finally able to get the full story, so here it is:  As he was was getting out of the shower he had a big coughing fit and then his entire right side went numb and his vision got all funky.  He had trouble walking and decided to sit down.  The numbness went away and his vision started to correct and after about 30 minutes it was back to normal.  Then a horrible headache set in.  He called the clinic and left a message and then went to work.  Headache got worse, so he decided that work was not the best idea, so just ran in and picked up his laptop and told his boss that he wasn't feeling well.  

He went to the ER and went through that whole process.  The neurologist said that she is 99% sure that it was a migraine (apparently all the symptoms fit).  Their biggest concern is that something like a TIA could have triggered it.  So, they admitted him and are giving him fluids since he has felt a little dehydrated.  Battery of tests tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

I spent a couple of hours with him tonight and now am home with Beauty.  I am drawing a hot bath and then going to get some sleep.  Tomorrow is going to be a long day. I have been out of the office all week in a hearing so I need to go in to check on things, etc.  So, I know that it will be hectic.  

1 comment:

Sara and Dustin said...

Lisa,
I am sorry to hear about Gess. I hope you guys can get everything figured out soon. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Sara