Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I feel really helpless today. Nothing specific is going on today with Gess, but I have a friend who is in crisis. I spend an hour and a half on the phone with her trying to encourage her and talk her through some issues that she is having. Then I just read a blog by a woman whose husband has CF, who is really struggling and I needed comment and say something, but I just felt that everything that I had to offer was so inadequate. I see so much struggling around me right now and so much pain and there is nothing I can do to make it easier. I can listen and talk...but at the end of the day, CF is still there, relationship issues are still there, pain and hurt and sorrow are still there. I just feel like I am so helpless in these situations. I want to help. I want to "fix" things. But I just can't. And it sucks. Why do I feel the need to save the world and at the same time the unshakable feeling of being completely unable to do anything to help? Ughhhh.

No comments: