Thursday, December 25, 2008

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

And I am home alone for the first time ever.  I am not complaining, it is just different.  My husband is on a road trip with a friend--they drove around California, Nevada, and Oregon getting (hopefully) some fantastic photographs.  I was really looking forward to the quiet down time, but ended up being snowed in for about a week!  So I am going a bit stir-crazy.  I am looking forward to having a little human contact--no offense Beauty :) . 

It has been good to have some quiet time.  This year has really taken a toll on me.  It seems like Gess has been sick more often than "usual" and this time last year we had the huge scare with canademia.  Then I had my emergency gallbladder surgery and Beauty was diagnosed with cancer.  Gess has really been struggling with his health lately and that has been hard for me too.  It is hard for me to sit by and watch, unable to make anything better and also dealing with his anger and negative attitude--not directed at me, but felt by me.  So it has been nice to have a small break from that.  Nice to sleep and enjoy the quiet.  

Gess is starting IV antibiotics when he gets back, so it will probably be awhile before I get another break.  

2 comments:

Amy said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Hope he comes home soon and you can talk to someone that will talk back ;) I chat with Maggie alot but its different when someone can actually respond LOL!!

<3

Elizabeth said...

Hey -- hope everyone arrived back from the roadtrip in good time and that the photos are beautiful (how could they be otherwise?)! Merry Christmas!