Saturday, June 13, 2009

Another Rough One, but today might be better

Yesterday was another rough day. Gess was completely out of it because of the pain medications and made it nearly impossible for me to sleep. Finally around 10:00 am, I just feel asleep even with all of his noise...I guess when you hit a certain point you will sleep no matter what!

Also, Gess had another bled yesterday morning--about 1/4 cup. I really don't know what we are going to do about this bleeding. I wish that we could just get all of this doctors--the pulmonolgist, the liver doc, the interventional radiologist, and anyone else with a clue, into the room at the same time to brainstorm and come up with a plan. There seem to be so many different variables going on and everyone has their own little piece of it. I am sure that they do talk, but it seems like it would be efficient and effective to all get together at the same time and talk.

My friend Tasha came by yesterday and made me go out with her for a little bit. We went to REI and did a little retail therapy and then to Trader Joes. Tasha's husband was "on-call" in case Gess needed anything. It really was nice to get out and not have to be "on edge" for the entire time. I did threaten to kick Gess's ass if he got out of bed while I was gone :) . I also snuck out for a workout later that evening. It was a killer workout, but it was what I needed.

Last night Gess and I decided that I would sleep in the guest room if he made noise. Of course, within about a minute, he started making noise. I stayed in bed and read a book for awhile, since he likes me to be near him, but after he kicked me for the 10th time and then hit me in the head (thinking involuntary arm and leg movements), I finally just went upstairs. I turned on the fan near the bed and that blocked out all of the noise. So, imagine my surprise when I woke up at 9 am this morning! I have been getting a max of 2 hours of sleep at a time, so to sleep for 9 hours was nothing short of momentous! I feel a lot better, though am still not caught up on sleep.

Taking it easy today. Did a bit of cleaning this morning, and now am playing scrabble, blogging, and doing homework. We are going to venture out to a soccer match tonight--so hopefully that goes well.

3 comments: said...

Have the docs ever mentioned being embolized to stop the bleeding? I've had bleeding issues before and had to be embolized twice because of it. Just thought I'd throw that out there...


Lisa said...


He has had 10 embolizations (or maybe 9, I keeping losing count). Last week they attempted to do another one, but the interventional radiologists said that they could not find anything to embolize.


Leena said...

So glad Tasha took you out. :)
Always praying for you two.
You've been getting the equivalent of new parent sleep. I do not envy you and glad you finally got some good sleep. :)